Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Velcro may just be my new 4-letter word!  

Maybe a different needle would have helped? The thread kept breaking (usually after a couple of inches, but way too often after just a couple of stitches!) so I had to rethread the machine and it took an unbelievably long time yesterday afternoon to sew the velcro strips on to the cover of the cut (and thus smaller) second memory-foam mattress for the camper.  When I'm not along and it's just Tom, the mattress 'extension' will serve as a bolster for the bed.  And it does look nice now that it's done.  But it was very aggravating!

So no, I didn't make any additional progress on the wedding quilt.

Dinner out last night to celebrate our 26th anniversary.  We were both craving steaks, so we headed to the Texas Roadhouse.  For an appetizer we tried their fried pickles (not bad) but then had to wait an extra long time for our dinners because the (new) chef cut Tom's medallions as if for a salad so they had to start all over again.  At least the manager came by to explain what was taking for long, and apologize - and he comped our appetizer.  I was stuffed by the end of the meal, and hadn't planned on dessert.  But unbeknownst to me, Tom had ordered a delicious decadent chocolate dessert (which they also comped.)  Of course (!) I had to eat at least some <g> of that yummy confection.  Okay.... a lot!  But I just couldn't manage to finish it!

Off to Busy Bees in a few.  Then this afternoon I'll think <g> about getting organized and packed for my upcoming trip.  

Spoke to Mom yesterday, and it was cold (only in the 50s) and rainy there.  So she should be looking forward to the nice warm temps in Texas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment