Tuesday, April 15, 2014

I did go out to see the blood moon when I got up to pee at midnight, and it was definitely red.  However I did not feel inclined to sit up for hours and watch the eclipse; knew I could see "almost as good" photos this morning.  And I was right!

My appointment yesterday with the doctor went about as expected.  My jaw is out of whack (which I knew), and an appliance (which will hopefully help) is expensive.  I am not able to open my mouth "the minimum amount"  (no comments, please!) which I also knew.  She has prescribed 2 meds (one a muscle relaxant) and I will also be doing Physical Therapy (with Robin) for my jaw.   I seem to be turning into a PT junkie these days!

On my way home I stopped in to see Alex (he has Mondays off) for a bit.  Despite my surprise visit (I did call to see if it was okay if I dropped by, but the doctor's office is only a mile or two from his place so it wasn't like he had time to tidy up) the place looked reasonable.  Except for the carpet, which is in even worse shape (wasn't sure if that would even be possible) than my last visit.  Once he and Clay move out the end of the month the carpet cleaners will have a real challenge on their hands!

I wasn't able to make my next appointment without being near my calendar, but when I got home and called (at 4:32) the message said they stopped answering the phone at 4:30.  Glenda had said she was there until 5:30... not that it did me any good.  This morning at least I got through to her extension, but had to leave a message.  So it's another game of phone tag.

Tom is over at Kaye's today building the bed in the camper.  I've spent the morning getting stuff done around here, including mowing the rest of the yard and trimming some bushes.  Sure looks great; too bad it won't stay pristine like this.

Now I'm off to 'exchange' my trifocals for bifocals.  I really did give it a good try (at least a month) but continue to have great difficulty finding that sweet spot for the in-between distance.  Last time Alex had dinner here he asked me why I kept 'wobbling' my head.  <g> 

I'm planning to take in an old pair of glasses and use those frames for that middle-distance lens, which (in theory) will stay by the computer.  Will let you know how that plan works out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment