Wednesday, April 23, 2014

I learned how to make pillowcases (and French seams) at the charity sew day today.  That should help make a dent in my fabric stash - once I get some time.  We had at least a dozen ladies there (maybe more) creating masterpieces from lots of fun fabric; the kids at the shelter are going to love them.

Darlene brought in the back she pieced together for the raffle quilt, using up the extra blocks that didn't make it onto the front.  Obviously Linda found the right person for that job!

Then I buzzed over for lunch at Park Meadows; it's Volunteer Appreciation Day.  Not only did I have a fun half hour with the usual crowd, but Vicki had a gift bag for me that included chocolate truffles and a cute air plant.

  I also got a lovely thank you note from Lila's mom (Lila is teething and drooling profusely, so the bib has come in handy) 

and then came home to one in the mail from Zahn's great-grandmother 
(who especially liked the 'somebunny special' sentiment.)

The plumber was here when I got back from lunch, but our clog is 'way down there' and the entire system needs to be snaked, so he called the appropriate folks who were supposed to be here in the next couple of hours.


But the guy showed up within about 15 minutes!  He's still checking out the situation, so we still don't know how serious the situation is.  But you can be sure I'll let you know! <g>

 Did I mention that the pool decking guys came this morning and repaired the section around the skimmer?  It looks very nice out there at the moment - but of course it also looked fine when they first did it last year.  So the real question is whether the patch job will hold.

Guess I'll run to the store (need a few items so I can whip up my tuna salad for tomorrow) and then get to mucking the sewing area. Again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment