Monday, April 14, 2014

Glorious weekend in Marana!  It was an uneventful drive down there, and my timing was absolutely perfect.  The first song of the first set started within (15?) seconds of me getting settled in my chair! Off course all the bands were delightful to listen to. 

Here are the Sonoran Dogs (Peter on the guitar.)

And the Guitar Summit played a few times.
 Greg Morton, Dan Crary, and Peter

I'd slathered on the sunscreen (several times) throughout the day, and did well: high danger areas such as my nose, cheekbones, shoulders, tops of feet, etc. didn't get the least bit pink.  However, it became clear later that I'd neglected a few spots - the front of my left upper arm and my upper chest obviously didn't get enough protection.  This is my version of a selfie... in the bathroom mirror!

Lisa and I went out to dinner at the Wild Garlic.  She'd warned me that the portions were quite large, and despite a valiant effort I still had quite a bit of my dinner to bring home.  It was grilled chicken diced in a salad with lots of yummy fruit which I took for my lunch on Sunday (while still leaving half of the leftovers for Lisa's Sunday lunch!)

Before we left for dinner we went outside for her to show me something.  I assumed it was a cactus in bloom, but can you tell what it was?

Not sure what you're looking at?  Look at the top shelf.  

Last time she'd caught the nest empty there was only one egg, but the dove obliged (we really didn't mean to startle it; Lisa says she's gotten much closer without it being an issue) and now there are two eggs!

Obviously the nest is level - I just had to tilt the camera to see inside.  It is strange, however, that one egg is considerably larger than the other.  Unless another bird left a present?

Lisa had plans to go to the Opera that night with a friend to see The Magic Flute (I did get invited to join them, but declined) and I got a very good night's sleep.  We had a lazy morning chatting, and I got a later start back to Marana than I expected.  So it was a very pleasant surprise when I was able to snag one of the primo spots in the shade for Sunday.  Of course in the afternoon the sun had shifted, so I was glad I'd borrowed a sarong from Lisa to cover my feet, and then my legs.  

In addition to forgetting to bring one of my sarongs to cover up, I'd also forgotten my 'coffee', which meant that we needed to make a stop at the grocery store before dinner.  Not sure if it's the caffeine or the sugar content that wakes me up, but it sure does help!

Busy Monday today (as usual.)  I missed last Monday's session at the gym (when I was in Sedona) plus I seem to have pulled something in my left arm/shoulder yesterday, so today could be a bit of a challenge.  Then I need to FAX Lisa's signed tax forms today, and early this afternoon I have an appointment with a doctor to see what can be done about my jaw.

Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment