Friday, November 25, 2011

Things to do...

 
Lots of things I should be doing... but it's a relief 
knowing that most of them won't float to the top of my list today. <G>

The crew from Canada flew out this morning, so at some point it's back to the guest house to get ready for our Australian visitor, who arrives on Tuesday for a 10-day stay so Tom can teach him how to knap.

I woke up around 4:30 this morning, when Alex got home from his Black Friday madness.  He'd gotten into line at Best Buy around 6:00 p.m. last night, hoping to be one of the lucky ones when the store opened at midnight.
 Apparently his quest was for naught - he wasn't close enough to the head of the line to snag the primo TV deal.  (My guess is that to make the ads legal they would have to have some at the give-away price... but if you bothered to read the fine print you'd see 'supplies limited'!)  But if he wanted to participate, that was his business.  However, I couldn't believe that he called me after I was already in bed, reading, wanting me to bring him and his friend some food because "they were starving".  (A bit difficult to believe, given the mountain of food that he consumed just few hours earlier.)  No way I was getting out of bed, dressed, and schlepping to the mall, so (*brilliant idea*) I suggested that one of them hold their place in line while the other went to get food.
 
No surprise that he wasn't too thrilled with that idea, and tried to guilt me into it with 'but I crack your back' (which, admittedly, takes about 5 seconds each time... think my list of what I do for him is a tad longer?)  Didn't lose too much sleep worrying over his predicted demise, and slept until I was awakened upon his return in the wee hours of the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment