Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pat Knoechel & potluck

Today was Foothill Quilters' annual program with Pat (Eleanor Quilt In A Day Burns' sister) Knoechel, to which we had invited the Busy Bees.  It was wonderful - as always - and close to 50 women got to see some beautiful quilts.  Here's Pat with her Radiant Star.

Pat demo-ed a number of quilts that I've put on my 'to do someday' list, although I only bought one pattern  today.  However I also bought the scalloped edge ruler, after she made it look really easy to use.  We shall see! 
 I may get brave and try a scalloped edge on the Gingerbread Boy quilt.  Tami also suggested that along with button eyes and 'regular' buttons I add some rickrack on the boys' hands and legs.  Happily yesterday I was able to find some very narrow white that should work just fine.  But just realized that the rickrack would have needed to be put on before the blocks were assembled to avoid all the raw edges, so not sure if they'll get their rickrack 'frosting' or not.  I do NOT want to take all the blocks apart!

The potluck after Pat's presentation was wonderful, with lots of delicious food.  I was a good girl - had no trouble passing up the carbs, instead filling up my plate with different tasty salads (I made two, my tabouli and spinach salad) plus turkey.  Almost didn't go back for dessert, but then decided to splurge and have (what else?) a brownie... because if it's not chocolate, why bother? Although I will admit that I was sorely tempted by Carol's homemade angel food cake.  The brownie was my first dessert since I started on the South Beach diet the beginning of October, but this morning I was down yet another pound so I figured I could afford it.

Alex has to do some reading to kids for a school project, and he's using neighbors Gracie (1st grade) and Jacob (3rd grade) as his guinea pigs.  But when he went over there this afternoon they were locked out so they all came back over here and I had a nice visit with Mom Lisa while the kids read.

Cindy's coming over tomorrow to see some of my quilts, so I think I'll go see if I can get the borders finished on my Gingerbread Boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment