Sunday, November 20, 2011

Soy batting?

One of my errands yesterday was to JoAnn's to get batting.  I found a new (?) blend of 50% cotton and 50% soy that feels really soft, so thought I'd try it.  I had planned to buy 4 yards to hold me for a while (might as well make good use of a coupon.)  But as I saw her unwrapping it I decided I'd just take the 'end of the bolt', which turned out to be exactly 4 yards.  So it worked out perfectly.  
Of course waiting in line at the front of the store to check out I was 'trapped' by those two enticing rows of impulse purchase offers, and 'somehow' ended up with a chocolate-covered Peep. But it wasn't really as satisfying as expected, and didn't work out quite so perfectly....  just sort of sat there in my stomach.

Speaking of desserts, yesterday Patti and I worked out the Thanksgiving menu for Thursday.  I'll be bringing things like tabouli and salads and veggies - but she's told me I absolutely can not be on my diet that day.  After hearing about the chocolate dream dessert she's planning on, I had to agree with her.

Now I'm off to quilt my Gingerbread Boys.
Maybe later today I'll be jumping for joy because I finished and am able to post a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment