Thursday, November 3, 2011

Let the (Sun) Rays begin!


This morning I decided to not let yesterday's 'setback' at 35th Ave. stop me from forging ahead with the SunRay blocks.  You can view Beth's tutorial http://lovelaughquilt.blogspot.com/2011/09/getting-somewhere.html on her blog (Love Laugh Quilt) and see the actual process; here is her finished example. 

Looks simple enough!  I dug through my scraps, looking for leftovers big enough to snag a 10" x 10" piece (and a reasonably matching coordinate.)  Here's what I came up with so far:

Now comes the really fun part - cutting them up, and sewing them back together.  There may be updates as the day progresses - but I also need to mow the backyard today.  (We all know what I'd rather spend my time doing....!)  Whatever happened to that philosophy "when I grow up I'll be able to do whatever I want"?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment