Sunday, January 31, 2016

This morning I finished up the new puzzle - which is when I discovered that a piece is missing! Not sure how that happened (the pieces came sealed in a plastic bag) unless it fell on the floor and Tilly ate it?

It was pretty crowded at the show yesterday, which made navigating the aisles difficult at times.  There were even strollers with pooches in them... but I didn't expect to see a sugar glider cruising the show on this girl's shoulder!  She was kind enough to let me snap a quick pic.

Most of the booths prohibited the taking of pictures (no surprise - they want to sell the patterns) but this quilt had a sign that said the pattern was free and gave the web address.  It's such an easy design that no pattern is really necessary, just a photo reminder.  I have plenty of colorful scraps just waiting for me to be able to get back to work.

I assumed this chair was one of Patricia's creations, though it turned out not to be. 
I did have permission to photograph it.

I bought this pattern, and got to meet the designer Laura.

Walking around on the cement floor never does my back any good, though it didn't seem as bad now that I've got my orthotics.  I'm guessing I might have been okay (my back started complaining last night) if I  hadn't had to stand in line at one booth (for almost 30 minutes!) just to get a small cut of fabric.  Had I known it was going to take that long I might not have waited (there were only a couple of people in line ahead of me!) but I couldn't resist some perfect fabric for Sandy's next set of placemats.  Otherwise I was very good, and passed up oodles of fabric.

Alex had such a good time snowboarding in Flagstaff yesterday that he's hoping to head up again tomorrow to take advantage of the new snow scheduled to arrive later today.

He did wash/scrub Pokey's crate for me today, which it definitely needed.  But because Tom didn't sweep her poop out the crate yesterday (I do that every day after she heads out to eat but of course I was out 'shopping') there's a horrible mess on the back patio which will need to be hosed and scrubbed.  Sigh... 

And while I'm on the subject of washing - I am SO looking forward to being able to wash my hands easily.  Have you tried washing one hand without using the other?  In about 20 hours I should no longer have that problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment