Saturday, February 27, 2016

Yesterday and today I have spent time tracking down gaps in tax info, and though it took longer than it should have (bet everyone can relate to that) I seem to have found most of what Matt is missing.  



I'm also trying to make plans for my May trip to visit Mom when I'll help her celebrate her 89th.  That means checking with various people to coordinate with their schedules before I commit to any flights.  So this morning I made phone calls and wrote e-mails, and now am just waiting to hear back.



I did take a soak this morning,  washed sheets and changed the linens on the beds, and also did a little quilting on Don's birthday gift though I still have more to go.  It's obviously not going to make it into the mail in time (his birthday, which he shares with Dr. Seuss, is on Wednesday) but instead will head back to Texas with Marilyn when she leaves.  I'm glad that she and Frannie are schlepping out here next week for the dog show, though the irrigation schedule could NOT be much worse.  


I have to do the gates on 35th Ave. Friday "morning" @ 1:33 am, and then let the water go in the Back 40 @ 3:50 am. - not really conducive to a good night's sleep...!  It also means that the yard will be underwater (and then muddy) for their entire stay. That will force us to do the "living in an apartment and having to walk the dogs" thing her entire visit: not only don't I want muddy dogs in the house, but Frannie has to stay clean for judging!  



She also has the very first ring times, which means with all the prep and driving and schlepping and setting up Marilyn will be getting up VERY early on Saturday and Sunday mornings. I'm an early riser and a morning person  - and her projected wake-up time sounded outrageous even to me!


At least we have lots of yummy grapefruit for her, which should hopefully make up for some of the hassles! Isn't it great when something we love to eat turns out to be healthy? Too bad most of my favorites seem to start with the word "chocolate"...



I'm on KP duty for dinner tonight (Tom is tired of cooking) so I may have to take another soak to gear up before the stress of deciding, shopping, and cooking dinner.  In the recent batch of Washington Post clippings Mom sent there was a lengthy article about a woman who loved to cook (already amazing to me) who lost both hands and feet to an infection, yet is still cooking (and hiking, and doing all sorts of incredible things.)



Time to get back to something productive.  Like Poop Patrol....


No comments:

Post a Comment