Sunday, February 14, 2016

Yesterday afternoon I checked with Alex to see "if" he wanted to go out to dinner.  Which, of course, he did.  While I was taking Tilly for her pre-dinner walk before secluding her in the tiled bathroom, Edie and Bob were putting a frig out front for the upcoming bulk pick-up.  When it turned out that it is a working appliance (they replaced it because the door just isn't sealing well anymore) I had it "delivered' to Tom's shop.  His frig out there died at the end of last summer and he hasn't yet gotten around to replacing it.  If he can fix the rubber seal, or jury-rig the door to be held in place tightly, he's got a "new" frig.... for free!  It was all taped shut, and Edie did want to let me know that one of the shelves was missing.... but I don't think that will be any problem!


Alex chose Carrabba's for last night's dinner, and wisely called ahead to put us on the Wait List.  While that's not as good as an actual reservation, as Anne would say, "it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick."  


No surprise that on a Saturday night the place was mobbed with people waiting, both inside and out. Since Alex (who used to work there) knew the guy in charge of seating people, we moved up on the list and ended up waiting only about 15 minutes instead of an hour. (Admittedly that wasn't exactly kosher, but I didn't complain.)  



We had a good dinner despite being seated with the one ditzy server we dislike - and in fact when she was taking the bill she dropped my credit card on the floor by the next table and never noticed.  Good thing Alex was facing that direction and did!   We both had the steak and chicken combo (Alex needed to cut mine up for me) and chatted the entire meal. It was a delightful evening.  



When we got home we took the dogs for an evening walk.  There was some tangling of the leashes since every time Tyga peed Tilly need to put in her 2 cents worth, but it was nice getting to spend the extra time with Alex. Today he plans to mow the front yard, which is currently awash with lots of tall dandelions. 



I've had my coffee, and this morning tried a new flavor, Hazelnut, because the store was out of Cafe Vienna last time.  It's a viable second choice, which is good to know.  Since I'm on for dinner tonight I'll have to make a foray to the grocery store where hopefully they will have restocked my flavor.



Next on my agenda is to finish resizing the pix (I did manage get them all cropped last night) so I can start posting them.


No comments:

Post a Comment