Monday, February 1, 2016

The good news is that my x-rays looks good,
and everything seems to be going according to schedule.  



The bad news <sigh> is that I am now in a cast (which I will also need to keep dry) for the next three and half weeks.  After that I'll go into the removable splint - but PT still won't begin until I'm 6-weeks post-op.  Unlike knee replacements, where they get you moving the next day at the latest, this needs to be immobile.  I had not realized that they actually removed a bone (the trapezium) from my hand.  For those not faint of heart, here's a video of the process!


When they unwrapped me this morning I was not surprised to see that there was quite a bit of bruising on my arm; I've always bruised easily.  





But there is quite a lump by the tendon removal incision,
though it's hard to see in the pictures.




The thumb itself, though, doesn't look too bad!


Here's my cast - I chose color to match the bruises! <G>


The big question of whether I will be able to get on long sleeves 
 has not yet been answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment