Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Tilly is currently napping by me, peacefully snoring away.  
I'm pretty sure I wore her out on our afternoon walk a little while ago.  


We've been taking the same route on all of our walks (in hopes that if she ever got out she would head that way, and also know her way home?) but today I opted to head in a different direction.  We don't pass any dogs on our 'usual' route along 37th, just tall block walls, but today along Westcott we passed many dogs... and naturally all of them needed to bark at us.  


At one house a German Shepherd barked and snarled in a very vicious and menacing manner as he tried to get at us. Not only wasn't Tilly the least bit intimidated, she actually lunged the length of her leash, barking back furiously and seemingly trying to attack that much larger dog.  I was afraid that other dog might actually make it over the fence (which it seemed very close to doing!) so we quickly crossed the street and moved on. 



HOWEVER, when we got to 39th Ave. I decided to turn and go visit the emus, who turned out to be standing right by the fence.  Despite the fact that the emus were not moving or making any sound (at least not that I could hear...) Tilly, who'd been so brave just a few moments earlier when standing up to the shepherd, was absolutely terrified by them.  She immediately ran as far away from them as her leash would allow, and let me know in no uncertain terms that we needed to get out of there!


No comments:

Post a Comment