Thursday, February 18, 2016

For the most part it's been a productive morning.  Colleen pinned up the too-long straps on four of my "new" tank tops (thank you, Alex) which she will shorten for me (AND do a much better job than I will, Sharon, since 'I don't sew'...)  Then I had my blood-draw for next week's routine check with the oncologist, picked up a couple of Rx refills, dropped a book at the library (though there were no books waiting for me on the HOLD shelf, now that I've made a trip there I expect to get a notice any moment), did Poop Patrol in the backyard (Tilly can't hold a candle to Pokey's volume), and made some hard-boiled eggs.


My only failure was trying to print up a picture I took at the surgeon's on Monday, which will make a perfect pattern for the Busy Bees "Out on a Limb" Challenge.  While the printer is on and connected (proved by the successful printing of a Test Page), it refuses to print the picture for me although the "printing" bar loads and it says it's printing.  Unfortunately each try (and there many) just put the job into the queue - again.  Tom wondered if Michelle had changed any of the settings on Sunday when she printed her mailing labels Sunday, so I called her - but she says she didn't change any of the parameters.  She did suggest trying to reset to the Default Settings, but we already tried that.  


Gary was over and he spent a fair amount of time trouble-shooting, though nothing he tried worked either. I'm definitely frustrated.  


Tom says he'll see what he can figure out "when he gets a chance" (note: this week it took him 3 days, and 3 reminders, to change the burnt out-bulb on the front porch - I was getting ready to borrow someone else's husband) so in the meantime I think I'll see if I can get through to HP tech help at some point today.


It's overcast and quite a bit cooler today - currently only in the low 70s!  On the news last night the meteorologist spewed statistics that proved yesterday's earliest ever 90-degree mark does not have any bearing on how hot the upcoming summer will be, which of course is a relief.  There was also mention of Phoenix's first triple-digit day over the years and when we can expect it.  No surprise that we would all be thrilled to shatter the Latest Start Date of June 18....

Phoenix's first occurrence of 100 °F or higher annually: 
  Earliest - March 26, 1988 
  Latest - June 18, 1913 
  Average - May 12

But I'm not holding my breath!






No comments:

Post a Comment