Saturday, February 6, 2016

Fun (and productive) day at Colleen's, working on our applique projects.  Here's Colleen tracing my pattern for me.  (One side of the printed pattern is used for the stabilizer, then needs to be traced on the back so it can be used for the fusible.)



Stephanie's pattern was the roadrunner (which I want to do 'next'.)


She was the only one to actually finish her animal today.



Yolanda had the dragon pattern


and got this far today.



Colleen, despite spending a good chunk of time tracing my pattern 3 times (once on the back of the pattern itself, then onto the stabilizer, and lastly onto the fusible)  made excellent progress on her llama.



Despite arriving late (not only was I slow getting moving this morning, but then just as I was walking out the door Alex stopped by before he headed off to the golf tournament in Scottsdale) I also made good progress on my elephant.  Since I iron and cut with my right hand I wasn't too hampered by my 'thumbless' left hand, though holding my fabrics with my left hand to cut did cause it to ache some as the day wore on.



The main reason Alex had stopped by this morning was to show Tom his "golfing" outfit (Tom bought him that shirt, which has hard-to-see polka dots on it) but Tom was having Saturday Morning "Fun" at the grocery store.  So I snapped this pic to show him later.


This afternoon Yolanda heard that there was a bobcat on the golf course over in Scottsdale, so I texted Alex asking if he'd seen it.  He sent back this picture!



Cheri is having Quilt Camp at her house this weekend (to make up for the one we had to cancel in early January) so while Tom and Michelle go rock collecting tomorrow I'm going to head up to Anthem and work some more on my elephant.  Today I got the trunk, legs, and body done, and tomorrow I plan to do the ears (in greens?) and head (in yellows?) 


That part will be easy, the next step (satin stitching around all the seams) not so much - though rumor has it that it's easier to do on stabilizer.




No comments:

Post a Comment