Monday, February 22, 2016

Paul and his crew arrived right on time this morning to trim the trees along the Back 40 ditch.  A couple have gotten so big that during out summer monsoons I worry about a limb coming down on the back house roof.  He just came up to the house to show me a big limb he wants to take off of one the trees.  While I appreciate him asking permission first, I trust his judgement - which is why we keep having his crew back year after year to 'attack' different parts of the yard.  Thus I gave him the go ahead.



I've been up since 5:00 and have gotten some paperwork done, and also "read' some more of my audio book which is due back soon.  I've hated to put it down, though given the subject matter ("The Harrowing Saga of the Donner Party") it's seems wrong to say I've been 'enjoying' it.  But do recommend it.



Now I'm going to take a break and post some more of Saturday's quilt pix.

I especially enjoyed the quilts displayed in the KIDS' ROW.  
Starting them out young helps insure that quilting won't become a lost art!




The ribbons for all the entries the kids' row included lovely paper-pieced animal blocks that are likely to be cherished by the recipients:







And the descriptive blurbs that went along with some of the entries:
PRICELESS!




Love the 'continuity' here:




Adrienne's quilt "is special because I used buttons to decorate."



I thought these owl pillows were adorable!




After I'd been through the exhibition and vendors (where I only bought one thing, spending just $4!) I returned to cruising the quilts to choose the 3 for which to vote (so many hard choices!) That was when I spotted one of the winners from the Kids' Row (because she was carrying a Winner's Ribbon, which were handed out to those talented individuals to identify them at the show.) I asked if I could take her picture with her entry, having no idea which one was hers.  So she and her mother walked back over to that row with me.  And this is the shot I got of Annalise:


No comments:

Post a Comment