Sunday, February 28, 2016

this afternoon I made up another half-gallon of OJ, maybe using up half of the oranges from the most recent pick-up.  Patti is going to stop by at the end of her errands with a quart container, and then I can squeeze some more and refill the jug.  No doubt when that half gallon is gone there will still be plenty of oranges awaiting their turn in the juicer.


While I squoze I watched some pre-Oscar hype on TV.  Whoever scheduled the commercials obviously has a devilish sense of humor - because immediately after finishing the segment on the movie Spotlight (about the Boston Globe's "Spotlight" team, the oldest continuously operating newspaper investigative unit in the United States and its investigation into cases of widespread and systematic child sex abuse in the Boston area by numerous Roman Catholic priests) they aired a commercial asking people to "come back to the Catholic Church".


I haven't seen many of the films up for awards,
though the majority are "on my list".





No comments:

Post a Comment