Wednesday, February 24, 2016

I was gone all day yesterday.  First was a routine follow-up with the oncologist, which took longer than it should have because they were trying to track down my missing bloodwork from Thursday.  I had even had to sign a form (first time for this) agreeing that I would pay $95 for one of the tests if my insurance didn't cover it but which apparently was not run (along with several others...)  At least the tumor marker tests came back, and were good, and since my bloodwork is always fine she's just going to wait until my next visit (in May) to run the rest of the tests.



Then it was over to Pennie's (WAY west off the I-10 where it meets up with the 303) for the sale of all the quilting stuff (and there was LOTS) that she's been storing for Carol this past year.  Sadly Carol will no longer be able to use any of it due to her ever-worsening eyesight.  I bought a dozen quilt tops, one a favorite from a class Carol had taught years that I wanted to take but which was held while I was back in Maryland.  I'll keep a couple and gift a couple, and the rest will be split between Busy Bees and Foothills, donated as charity quilts.



Then I had several hours to kill before my chiropractor visit; there had been earlier appointments available when I originally called on Friday, but not having any idea when I'd be done I opted for a later time slot to avoid any stress, and (of course) when I called to check after finishing at Pennie's they had been filled. So I wandered around the Brass Armadillo (always fun, though didn't end up buying anything) and also grabbed some lunch.  It's been over a month since my last adjustment, and considering I had to keep my arm propped up at funny angles for a few of those weeks my neck/shoulders were in pretty good shape.



This morning I dropped off my car early for an oil change (long overdue)
and tire rotation.  


Though they thought it would be ready between 10 and 11, when I called to check on it at noon they hadn't even started on it yet.   So it's a good thing Colleen did not take me up on my offer to watch sick Harrison when she had to take Anna to pre-school around noon.



Squoze up a half gallon of OJ using about 2/3 of the oranges Tom collected the other day.  That always takes longer than it should (because pulp and seeds keep clogging up the juicer) but I will certainly enjoy the fruits <G> of my labors.



Also had a nice lengthy chat with Mom this morning (when she saw me on FB she knew I was home) and caught up on all the news at her end.  


Now I'm stuck at home until my car is ready, and since it's another beautiful day I think I'll go sit outside.  If I get really comfy they should call to say my car is ready, right?  

No comments:

Post a Comment