Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Before I could leave this morning to pick up Carol for the Busy Bees meeting she called to cancel because she's a tad under the weather and thought it prudent to stay close to home today.  I know how much she looks forward to getting out for the monthly meeting, so I'm thinking maybe I'll take her to the Foothills meeting in a couple of weeks instead.



I brought "Tom's" magazine for Show & Tell, which I then passed around, and also Marilyn's birthday gift.  That was such a hit that several ladies asked for the pattern.  It is cute!



Louise asked me to take the 'official' photos today since Jan couldn't make the meeting.  If I'd known that I would have brought my spare battery, though luckily I had enough juice to take all the pix I wanted.  However when I got home and wanted to take another pic before loading today's batch of pix to the computer I did get the "change battery" error message.



I liked this pattern Sandy used - especially in this color wave - and plan to use it "someday" for some of my scraps.


Patty, standing next to me, preferred this color combo.


So one quilt for each of us? <g>



Patty, Sharon, and Betsy brought in their heart quilts 
from Nancy's recent class.



As promised, Ada brought in a whole bag of tins for me.  I've got plenty of scraps that still need to be cut for my 'lumberyard' (maybe once my cast comes off?) and now I have plenty of new places to store them!    Here are just a half dozen of the tins.




Friday will mark four weeks post-op (time flies when you're having fun? lol) and virtually all of the bruising (at least on the now-exposed part of my arm) is gone. There's been some itching under the cast, but since it's such a short one I can pretty much reach every complaining spot with an emery board.  Still, it's going to be wonderful when it finally comes off a week from tomorrow.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment