Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Yesterday afternoon I got a lot of sewing done on my scrap Jacob's Ladder.  Not only are 8 blocks complete, but I also have enough half-square triangles to make up another 8.



That evening Alex took me out to eat at the Mongolian Grill.  During dinner he entertained me with some videos of his trip to the lake Monday; I be sharing those if he'd gotten around to sending them to me.  He was especially proud of the one where he was board surfing behind the boat, and without missing a beat caught an open beer that someone tossed him.  Instead, you'll have to settle for this still he posted on FB.  From the smile I'm guessing this was taken before he got smacked in the face with the board!


He also demonstrated some new photo apps on his phone, which did pretty funny things to my face.  And no, I don't have any of them to share either.  Though that's probably a good thing...



On the way home I suggested we stop at the grocery store to pick up some ice cream for later.  I put in an request for mint chocolate chip - and he came out with Girl Scout thin mint ice cream!



This morning I am off to the eye doctor for my annual exam.  Then, as long as I'm right next door it's back to Home Depot to return the curtain rods I bought Monday.  When Alex and I tried to hang them yesterday they turned out not to be what I needed.  


Then as long as I'm out I need to drop off a form at the doctor's office, also close by there; apparently Humana needs pre-authorization to fill my Rx, so after this first "grace" month I'm SOL until that happens.  


Then one last stop, at JoAnn's, for some new rotary blades.  Thought I had a bunch, but yesterday when I went to replace them I was down to my last one.



Then it's another afternoon of sewing, with Elmo keeping me company. 




No comments:

Post a Comment