Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Before Wheel of Fortune finished last night (I was waiting for Jeopardy to come on) the station interrupted with Breaking News, which was basically a storm warning. 


But they took so long (and went into such detail) that by the time they returned to regular programming it was the part of Jeopardy where Alex Trebek talks with the contestants.  Then, as soon as the actual show resumed, they broke in again with a weather update, expanding the storm zone. 


And (yep) when they finally again returned to the show Alex was wrapping up the first half and going to commercial. At least I did get to watch Double Jeopardy, and then surprised myself by getting the answer to Final Jeopardy when none of them did.  I wasn't sure of my answer, and had just made a guess - but it turned out to the the correct one.   


I do admit to feeling rather smug and self-satisfied 
on the (rare) occasions when that happens.


And after all that we didn't even get any rain - though I saw on the 10:00 news how parts of Central Phoenix got really slammed.  It's weird how the monsoon here just hits pockets.  When I mentioned Sunday night's rain to Colleen yesterday morning (when it rained hard for over an hour), she said they only got a sprinkle - and they live less than 3 miles due south of us!


Nothing on today's agenda, so maybe I will actually get to some of that mucking and cleaning that I've been 'doing' in my head.  (It's very easy that way.... but very hard to see results! <G>) 


No comments:

Post a Comment