Saturday, September 5, 2015

Would anyone be surprised to hear that Colleen and I had fun on our shopping trip to 35th Ave.?  I'm glad she was available to go with me (for a change she did not having any of the ladies coming over to sew this Saturday) because she was a major help in choosing the 18 fabrics for my Paralax quilt.  

Here are the 9 batiks we settled on


and here are the 9 black & white fabrics.


If I'm being entirely truthful I'll also admit that I did find some other fabrics that needed <g> to come home with me (hey, there was a big sale going on.) Colleen liked one so much she also bought some to use as the background of her Mimbres hummingbird.



I'm looking forward to hearing how that project progressed after I left today.  I also bought that pattern a while back, and will wait to hear about any snafus (so I won't make the same mistakes?) and helpful hints before tackling that project.


By the time we got out of there it was well past lunch time, so we headed over to Sweet Tomatoes.  What a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment