Wednesday, September 2, 2015

It was another successful trip to the chiropractor this morning.  Admittedly some of the procedures are uncomfortable, even bordering on painful.  But everything does seem to be helping - and he did give me the go-ahead to start back up at the gym on Friday, although with certain limitations.  Because this latest episode seems to have involved a tear in the gluteal tendon (an extremely painful situation which I absolutely do NOT advise trying!) I need to avoid weight-bearing exercises for my lower body.  However working on my upper body, especially strengthening my lower traps to help my posture, is on the agenda - as well as "mule kicks, fire hydrants, and planking" to help strengthen the injured area. 

Your gluteal tendons are the tough fibres that connect your gluteal muscle to your hip bone. A tendon injury may seem to happen suddenly, but usually it is the result of many tiny tears to the tendon that have happened over time.

On the way home I stopped at Thunderbird Hospital to visit Carol.  She's still pretty miserable (she's only 48 hour post-surgery), but that's no real surprise after major surgery like hers.  I didn't stay long so hopefully she would be able to drift off to sleep.



Jeannie had sent me the following picture of Ruby's first pass on my quilt, and when I got home there was a message that now it's all done.  :-)  I look forward to seeing my birthday present to myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment