Friday, July 11, 2014

Yesterday Mary and I escaped the heat of the day by going to the movies.  We saw TAMMY - and while there weren't any real surprises in the plot it was certainly entertaining.  Good cast!
  

Afterward I stopped by Mary's house to pick up the cross-stitch book of the ladies quilting; I need to bring some handwork with me on the upcoming road trip.  Sadly, that book didn't have the same patterns as the quilt book.  But I have a 'number' (who can count that high?) of cross-stitch patterns tucked away and it wasn't hard to find one to bring with me.  Now I'll just need to get some Aida cloth, needles (they're always disappearing!) and assemble the necessary DMC colors.

Tom got the tire on the riding mower gooped and useable yesterday, 
so the Back 40 has finally gotten mowed.  


Irrigation is "tonight", but at least we don't have to do the gates 
on 35th Ave. this cycle, which is a BIG help!


The quilting calendars have arrived, and I'll pick mine up at Carol C's this afternoon.  I'm looking forward to seeing the hunks quilts for each month!





No comments:

Post a Comment