Thursday, July 31, 2014

THURSDAY, JULY 31

I slept in this morning (maybe because Shadow didn't sleep with me like the night before?) so I got a late start on my soaking.  Terry and I got away from the house later than the guys, but we found them at the apple pools.  The sun actually came out, and I loaned by mini-sarong to a woman who had gotten too much sun yesterday.  I was the last one to head back down to the house for lunch, and learned that Steve had arrived and Tom was giving him a tour of Valley View.  Delicious lunch (pastrami and cheese, some avocado and peach slices - and the rest of those sea salt and cracked pepper potato chips) so I was ready for an afternoon of soaking.   But before I could go, more rain (with thunder) arrived.  So I decided to wait for a while, and (under protest from her) helped Terry out around the house.

Tom found a heartbreak of an arrowhead (tip broken off) and a flake just a few yards from where Steve pitched his tent, and then Steve found a couple of interesting pieces, which will be nice additions to the frame in the Visitor Center.

I never did make it up to soak - weather just wasn't conducive - but we had another great dinner (Steve joined us) with baked-from-scratch brownies for dessert.  When Tom and Steve went to soak after dinner (too cool for me) I got to see the pix from Terry and Neil's recent trip to Scotland (it was SO green!). Loved the old castles and scenery, though no sign of Brigadoon... Then we watched a Netflix, a French movie called The Grocer's Son, so it was a late evening.

FRIDAY, August 1

It's early, but there is some blue showing in the sky already, so it could be a nice day despite the iffy forecast.  Off for an early morning soak.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment