Thursday, July 17, 2014

The 'homework desk', which had become a catch-all for stuff I didn't feel like dealing with at the moment, is now mucked off.  It's always nice when my productivity shows!  


This morning I also swept the house, the porches, and mopped the kitchen floor.  After I watered the remaining plants on the front porch I set the hose out by the huge elm in the front yard.  Since it didn't get irrigation I'm doing all I can to keep it happy and healthy.  We LOVE the shade it gives us from our southern exposure, and of course we do NOT want it toppling onto the house.

Then we ran a bunch of errands this morning.  First we shopped for anti-gravity chairs for the trip; they should be very comfy lounging around camp!  

Next I tried to sell a couple of bags of jeans and slacks (that I recently jettisoned from my closet) at Plato's Closet - but they weren't interested in any of my stuff so I ended up dropping everything at Goodwill instead.

(The clerk at Plato's was actually quite nice about it)

  Our last stop was Wal-Mart
for the remaining miscellaneous items on our trip list. 


We lunched at Freddy's Steakburger, which was quite tasty.  I'd never tried them before, but their burgers were tasty and the service was good.  No surprise they were busy.


Now I have time to read a bit.  I'm a little more than halfway through my current book. 
NAMED ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR BY NPR AND KIRKUS REVIEWS
Winner of the 2014 Pulitzer Prize for Nonfiction The riveting true story of sixty years in the life of a small town ravaged by industrial pollution, Toms River melds hard-hitting investigative reporting, a fascinating scientific detective story, and an unforgettable cast of characters into a sweeping narrative in the tradition of A Civil Action, The Emperor of All Maladies, and The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks



No comments:

Post a Comment