Saturday, July 5, 2014

The weather cooperated, and it was a fun evening of fireworks at the Peoria Sports Complex last night.  Jan was so happy I went with them; she said she never would have braved it alone.  We hung out in the kids section, by all the bouncy houses; seeing all the kids with their various glow stick devices reminded me of Lisa and Alex in days gone by. Sienna (who will be 6 next month) and Macy (who is 3) were reasonably patient with the long walk from (and back to) the parking lot, and the several hour wait until dark.   


Getting out of the parking lot afterward was a different story.  Macy crashed within seconds of being strapped into her car seat at 9:58- but Sienna was vocal in her displeasure with the wait.  (They had predicted a crowd of 30,000 - and naturally all of them <g> were in line in front of us!) 


 It didn't help that we had parked in the row closest to 83rd Ave., and thus got to watch a number of pickups cruise up and over to escape.  (Although that was not an option in Jan's convertible, after our row of cars didn't move an inch during the first 6 minutes I could see the temptation to brave it flit through her mind!) 


 I predicted it would take us 20 minutes to get out of the parking lot (which Jan thought was overly optimistic) but sure enough, we were out of there and on the road by 10:18!


In a few minutes I'm off to a one-day quilt camp at Jeannie's.  I'm going to take Jeff & Priscilla's quilt with me and see if the ladies can help me kick it in gear and make some progress.    


Maybe they'll have some great ideas to help me move it along.  Wouldn't it be nice IF I could finish it before we leave on vacation?  That way I could leave it with Jeannie and it could be done when I got back? !



No comments:

Post a Comment