Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Wednesday, July 30

I woke up early, to clouds, but around 6:00 decided to go for a soak.   I was heading for the party pool but only got as far as the new apple pools, which are delightful!  Just the right toastiness for a cool morning.  Around 7:30 I headed back to the house (I figured everyone would be awake and I was right) and a bit later Terry and Neil and I headed up to the party pool, where we found Tom.  The water was not as warm as I'd like (only around 96) but pleasant enough - especially after the sun came out.  Back to the house late morning to eat a little something, and then Neil and Tom and I headed back to the apple pools. They are very well done and a perfect addition to Valley View!  

There are deer around (a doe was contentedly grazing by the party pool this morning while kids were playing and splashing) and this afternoon one cruised by the apple pools with her fawn. Always fun to see the babies! Then Tom went off on an afternoon hike while I just kicked back and relaxed. I love watching the hummingbirds... There are dozens and dozens of them constantly vying for a spot at the feeder outside the kitchen.  And I thought there were a lot at Steve's on Tuesday!

We feasted for dinner.  Terry grilled chicken, made up a big salad, and we'd brought corn.  There was a big storm (with lots of thunder, lightning, and rain) while we ate.  Dessert was a blueberry crisp Terry whipped up this afternoon.  When I told Michael his mom was a great cook, he disagreed; "She's a fantastic cook!" Everyone is tired tonight so the party (Doug stopped by for a while) broke up around 9:00.

Steve never made it today as expected. (Terry had graciously invited him to eat with us.) It was pouring at his place all day and he figured it was the same here.  He should be here tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment