Saturday, July 12, 2014

Last night I found out that one of my quilting friends Mary (from Quilt Camp in January) was diagnosed with cancer on Tuesday.  She, not surprisingly, is in shock and overwhelmed.  But after she called and we talked at length she said she felt much better.  It's not breast cancer (like mine was ) so no doubt the treatment will be somewhat different, but she felt that I gave her lots of good advice and she's a little more prepared as she goes forward.
  

So I kept everything in perspective this morning when I got up at 5:25 to let the water go - and there wasn't any.  I had been happy someone 'above' us had the pleasure of doing the gates on 35th Ave. in the middle of the night - except she hadn't done it right.  


My first clue was when I heard/saw water still running in the ditch on the south side of our street.  Sigh.  So I walked up to that house, collected Linda, and took her to the pump and showed her what she needed to do.  She was very apologetic, although that doesn't really help our thirsty trees. 


I don't care that our grass is crunchy and dying - that'll come back.  But if we lose our wonderful shade trees that make this such a nice oasis... YIKES!  And it would be one thing if we were going to be here to water the trees until the next cycle in two weeks, but we're trying to get out of here.


Although the monsoon has officially arrived, we only got a few minutes of rain on July 3 - and don't think there's any more in the immediate forecast.



No comments:

Post a Comment