Sunday, July 13, 2014

Wanda needed some more help with her blog yesterday so I buzzed on over. For some reason I haven't been able to make her site as user-friendly as mine, but I have faith that despite my short-comings as a tech consultant <g> she'll be a whiz in no time. Yesterday she posted some pix of the Arizona Centennial Quilt which she was instrumental in designing and executing. We celebrated her progress with a lunch at Paradise Bakery. Their new Strawberry Poppyseed & Chicken salad (included blueberries, pineapple, mandarin oranges and pecans) was delicious!  I'd ordered the half and half meal, so in addition to the salad (which was too large to finish!) I also got a bowl of cream of chicken with wild rice soup.  


When I left Wanda was getting back to work on her latest jacket.  It incorporates some exquisite hand-woven fabric in beautiful colors/pattern, and is already stunning.  She is such an incredible artist!  While she was scrolling through her files to find pix to post yesterday we came across some of her paintings.  The more I see of her work the more impressed I (of the stick figures and lollipop trees) am. 


She and Jeannie are getting ready to head up to Flagstaff on Wednesday for a 4-day Quilt Camp.  When it was in the planning stages I was invited, but expected to be gone traveling by then.  Since I'm still here, they've both been trying to coax me into joining them (the 8th spot is still open) which would be wonderful - but I really have too much to do to get ready to leave.  Such sacrifices I make!  LOL


I'm not getting much done these days.  Friday and Saturday afternoons I couldn't seem to spark, and even managed to doze off on the couch a couple of times.  I'm going to blame it on the weather!


Maybe today I'll get started on the counted cross-stitch I'm going to take on the road trip.  That way I'll already have a reference point when there are bound to be distractions on the road.  (Mom - you'll be glad to know that Wanda is also checking up on me re my progress on Jeff and Priscilla's quilt.)


No comments:

Post a Comment