Sunday, April 1, 2018

Yesterday I dropped off my Rx before picking up Marcie - and discovered a long line at the drive through at 10 on a Saturday morning.  Should have dropped it off on my way home from the doctor on Thursday....


After we toured Perri's happy houseful of art, and met Leo (he's a sweetie, but definitely still acting like a kitten at almost a year old) we lunched at Las Glorias.  Again, we seemed to be only Gringos in attendance.) 



At 35th Ave. I helped Marcie find the rest of the needed 8 red shades for her next optical illusion quilt since she's almost finished (YAY!) with the current one.  I so have to admit that I did get into 'trouble' of my own when I found some Down Under fabric that (with just a 12" repeat) is going to be perfect for a One Block Wonder or Stack-n-Whack.  I've been checking out all the aborigine fabric patterns each time I visit a quilt store, and finally found one I really, really like.


While at the fabric store Alex called to see if he could borrow my car when I got home; his is (finally) going in for service on Monday.



After irrigation is always the best time to weed (even if it's not a convenient time) so that ended up on yesterday afternoon's agenda.  This represents quite a bit of work since many had thick, deep roots.


Alex questioned why I bother, but it makes the yard look so much better, even when it needs mowing, if there aren't tall weeds sticking up.  I just don't want the house to look vacant!  Pretty easy to see where I stopped...



John was enjoying his knapping lessons (and had a break-through yesterday) and so he ended up staying another night.  He treated us to dinner at Touch of Thai, where our waitress thought Tom ordered his usual Pad Thai "medium" instead of "mild"... which then was too hot for him to eat.



I should have swung by to pick up my Rx on the way home yesterday before loaning my car to Alex.  Unfortunately I did NOT get much sleep last night since I was still awake at 1:30 but with no pills to pop.



It was surprising to get a text from Alex around 7:30 this morning (that's quite early for him) asking if I needed the car for anything this morning.  He'd ended up staying in Scottsdale (which he hadn't planned) so he set his alarm in order to check with me.  I don't need it - but certainly would have mentioned that yesterday if I had.  Still, it's wonderful that he's being responsible about the loan of the car. 


Obviously he appreciates it (he does thank me profusely each time, and has offered to add gas) and doesn't want to ruin a good thing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment