Monday, April 23, 2018

Patti came over for a relaxing visit yesterday afternoon.  She'd had to get up EARLY to take Gary to the airport, and (despite trying to fall asleep early the night before) pulled a 'Bobbi' and thus only logged a few hours sleep.  


Of course we talked about the teacher strike (set to begin this Thursday, after 78% of Arizona teachers voted for it last Thursday) but nobody knew much at school on Friday.  She'll likely find out more as this week progresses.



Marcie came over yesterday (with Latina, of course) for their afternoon trip to The Park - which is looking scraggly and definitely needs to be mowed before irrigation Friday.  The three of us enjoyed chatting while playing fetch and watching puppy antics.  Latina is actually starting to chase and retrieve the little Frisbee, though she really, really loves her penguin.



Yesterday I finished sewing together Row 5 of the t-shirt quilt (YAY!) which is the final row.  I still need to rip and trim down a few on rows 1, 2, 3, though looking at them there aren't as many to do as I'd feared.  And while I don't think the ripping (black thread on black fabric, along with the finicky stabilizer on the t-shirts) will be easy, with a little luck I hope to have the rows ready to sash together before I head to Maryland.



I actually slept in this morning (!) after some bizarre dreams during the night, but still managed to be ready when Joy came over to 'interview' me around 10:00 as scheduled.  (She's going to showcase me in her next Chatter article.)  It was a lot of fun talking about quilting, and she was very impressed with my "organization", though I think it still needs considerable work!

  

Tom, of course, would readily agree...


No comments:

Post a Comment