Monday, April 30, 2018

Patti didn't have any news of the current state of negotiations with regard to the teacher walk-out when she came over yesterday afternoon, and I missed the 5:30 local news when we went out to dinner.  Thought I'd find out what the legislature did yesterday when I watched the 10:00 news, but ended up heading to bed around then. 


The teachers are fed up after more than a decade of empty promises (and rightly so!)  Gotta love this economics teacher's perfect take on the situation:



Patti did, however, offer to help me with the next step of the t-shirt quilt when I admitted I wasn't feeling too motivated - and that turned out to be a VERY good thing.  I almost made several cutting mistakes (and would have if she hadn't piped up!) plus she also had a couple of suggestions that saved me some work.  



In a bit I'll get back to cutting/sewing my sashings, and (with luck!) could be ready to actually join the five sets of t-shirts strips together after I get back from the gym. 


IF you hear whooping and hollering coming from this area of the valley
later today, it could be because the top is done!



Alex had arrived home from his whirlwind trip working Denver and Albuquerque quite exhausted. One of the days he worked, the app on his phone (which registers how many steps he takes) tallied over 15 miles, and I forget how many flights of stairs. 




We took him out to dinner (at the Longhorn Steakhouse) where we had a scrumptious dinner, so he had perked up considerably by the time we finished.  Still, I don't think he had any plans for last night beyond taking a shower and then falling into bed!


No comments:

Post a Comment