Monday, April 30, 2018

Mary, on her way to 35th Ave. this morning, stopped by to show me a couple of her finished quilts   Of course I was invited to join her, but I've got a deadline zooming with the t-shirt quilt (and I certainly don't need any more fabric!) so I was forced to decline.



I'd seen some of the completed blocks for her granddaughter's Girl Scout quilt - but really wanted to see the finished product (which will be gone by the time I get back from Maryland.)  It turned out fabulous, and Emma is going to LOVE it!


All the blocks are wonderful - but this one is just so cute
I may have to borrow the pattern from Mary at some point.



Mary had also sent me some photos during the early stages of the bookshelf quilt she made for her grandson, but the final result turned out SO well that it's got me jazzed to work up one of my own (been on The List for years...) sooner rather than later.


Next in line for Mary is a t-shirt quilt (her first) so she enjoyed getting to peek at the one I'm working on.  I've also loaned her a wonderful t-shirt quilt book that was very helpful when I made my first one from Dad's t-shirts.  Sadly I'm not making much progress sashing the current one, and now Patti is on her way over for a visit - so I get to put it off even longer.



Will be glad when I finish the project
and can finally move on to one I'm enjoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment