Wednesday, April 18, 2018

One less crisis in my life...


I did take the camera battery charger with me to the quilt meeting on Saturday, though it turns out I never needed to use it.  Once the meeting was over, I (obviously!) decided to lighten my purse’s load before quick visits to the two quilt shops in town by putting it into the car console, and “somehow” it drifted to the bottom.


In other good news, the colors in the border fabric I bought that day perfectly matches the colors in my Round Robin.  Marcie was most impressed.



Very enjoyable meeting at Busy Bees today.  Naturally it was especially fun to have my two completed UFOs to share, plus the three quilts I bought at the auction last month.  Everyone was glad to hear that this year's auction went SO much better than last year (and earned AQG quite a bit of money) mostly because they incorporated virtually all of the suggestions from the letter we wrote after last year's debacle. 


The general consensus was that I really scored
on the quilts that came home with me.  



Sandy's demo on Crumb Quilts was fun, though not quite what she had planned.  She found it a tad difficult to sew without thread or a bobbin!


She did, however, remember to bring her notes:









These ladies brought in their Churn Dash projects:
Sharon, Nancy, Ada, Jan, Betsy, Louise, Monica



Jan has already put her top together from the recent apron block exchange.

No comments:

Post a Comment