Friday, April 13, 2018

Our irrigation water arrived early this morning - it was already well into the backyard when I got up at 5, which was unexpected since it should only have gotten to the property line in the back ditch at 4:53 - but I didn't think too much of it at the time.  When I went to let the water go at 6:53 there was water running down the street from some place up-ditch, and I texted zanjero Terry to let him know about it (and also that wasn't from our property.)  But when I headed out the back door to the garage to leave at 8:00 I discovered that we'd gotten WAY more water than usual, and it had come all the way up against the house foundation on the east side...NOT good!  At that point I called Terry to let him know somebody had released water early.  Sigh..... 


Wonder if Pokey's burrow, (usually!) above the water line, stayed dry?



It wasn't too windy for most of the drive to Havasu, though enough to make some (empty?) semis wiggle around.  I listened to NPR as long as I had reception, and heard about the "tiger sighting" reported in Harlem that had residents panicked. 


Turned out to be a raccoon.


Hey, both have stripes, right?



Also heard that the White House released VP Pence's upcoming itinerary in Peru for the Summit of the Americas, listing a banquet hosted by President Pedro Pablo Kucynski.  Only one problem; Kucynski resigned more than three weeks ago after becoming ensnared in a corruption scandal involving Latin America's largest construction firm. 


Now I admit that I didn't have a clue who the current President of Peru is (I looked it up, and turns out to be Martín Vizcarra) but then that's not my job.  



Arrived safely, saw Tami and Allan off on their trip, and am now relaxing with the pooches.  Too bad it's too windy to hang out in their lovely backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment