Thursday, April 14, 2016

What a fun (and busy!) day at quilting yesterday!!!


I absolutely love what Irene did with my quilt for Andy - and so did everyone else!  So if Andy doesn't like it (?!) it can always come back home with me.


Louise was back from Maryland, where she had been helping her mom move.  It sounds like there were more than the usual amounts of moving headaches (plus the cold, rainy weather did not help!) but she still found time to pick up a crab for my car. Doesn't it look happy in its new Arizona home?



I was a tad surprised when she handed me a couple of big bags - I'd actually forgotten all about her picking up my quilts at the AQG show.


Yolanda had gotten back Tuesday night from her latest trip to California, where she picked up this quilt pattern of penguins having a snowball fight.  And no, it isn't made yet!



Mary's knife sharpener commented on the dullness of the 5 kitchen knives I dropped off with him, and when he gave them back to me (safely wrapped in newspaper) he warned me to be very careful with them, especially when washing them.  I did pass along the sharpness warnings to Tom and Alex, though we all know (right, Bana?) 'who' is most likely to get cut when using the no-longer-as-dull-as-a-butter-knife utensils.  In fact I might even let someone else unwrap them...



Jessica's program (Scrap Mountain) was wonderful!  
And yes, she did make her skirt from scraps.


The five white tubs behind her are holding the quilts/tops that she showed, each one spectacular.  After I've resized/cropped the pix I took (and post them to the Foothills site first) I will be sharing those wonderful shots here.  


And those white boxes (scraps already sorted into colors) 
and blue tubs (scraps as yet unsorted)   


represent just a fraction of her scrap stash - and into which were were (heartily) invited to dig and use during the afternoon when we sewed on our own scrap projects.  Jessica even brought along lots of large plastic bags (and even some plastic tubs) for us to pile with goodies to take home with us!



The potluck lunch was scrumptious - so many yummy salads!  I did go back for seconds, but (except for the chocolate brownies I ate during the meeting to keep up my strength) it seemed to me to be a nice, healthy plate of food.





The other good news to report is that while I did still have my headache when I woke up yesterday, it never seemed to reappear after my morning dose of Tylenol.  


Not sure why my headaches last 3 days, 
but I am definitely grateful that they don't occur often.



No comments:

Post a Comment