Tuesday, April 5, 2016

After I picked up the taxes yesterday I had <g> to stop in at Modern Quilts since I was just a block away.  The only thing I needed was a yard of backing for the four placemats I made at camp - and I found some perfect fabric on the sale shelf!  AND that's all I bought.  Who's proud of me?



That afternoon the doorbell rang - it was Colleen and the kids making an "emergency pit stop" because they got caught in traffic after picking up the girls at school; Harrison was doing the pee dance in his car seat and Colleen didn't think they'd make it to her house in time.  We had snacks and then I helped Gracie do her math homework (though after a very brief explanation she sailed right through it.)



Alex and Aja joined us for dinner, and it definitely sounds like they've gotten back together.  This was a surprise to me since last time I saw him (before he left to work Spring Break in Florida over a month ago) they had broken up.  She's not at all happy about the prospect of him taking off again soon to tour for months and months like last year, so it will be interesting to watch and see what happens in that department. 



This morning I have the gym, and on my way home will stop in to see Sheri at TOQS and give her that fat quarter of the spectacular batik penguin fabric I found in Prescott which should really make her day.  I also have to get ready for tomorrow's quilting program (find some floral fabrics in my stash and cut the 24 pieces for Carol and me to use in the LRC game.)



Yolanda decided last night that she wants to buy my embroidery machine (YAY!) so now I can start shopping in earnest for a lightweight machine.  Sure did like that mini Janome that I saw at the AQS show, though it was not for sale, just demo-ing the quilting lights, so I'm not sure about the price.


No comments:

Post a Comment