Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Still had my headache yesterday, though Tylenol was able to keep it under control during the morning and early afternoon.  But by late afternoon and evening I felt pretty crappy and nauseated (did manage to eat dinner, when Tom made yummy burritos from the leftover ribs) so I crashed early.  Which is why it's not surprising that I'm up at 4:00.



It's going to be a full day at quilting, because we have Jessica's Scrap Mountain demo in the morning, then the potluck, and then her class in the afternoon.  Maybe when I pack extra Tylenol in my purse I should add some toothpicks?



I did get stuff done yesterday, like dropping off the plant to Carol in the morning  She was asleep in her chair so I didn't wake her, figuring either she hadn't slept well or she was having a bad morning and had taken a pain pill.  Either way she was better off napping!  I wasn't sure when she'd notice the new plant (gotta cut her some slack; she's legally blind) but I got a call in the early afternoon from her thanking me.  



Since I was in the neighborhood I dropped off the pattern (and Kvetch book) for Perri.  Would have loved to attend her trunk show at Night Owls last night but obviously it's a good thing I didn't take up anyone on their offer to drive me.



Early yesterday I also managed to add the final borders to the Zebra charity top I want to bring to turn in to Foothills today. The border fabric I found in my stash coordinated perfectly, and (like I'd hoped!) did a good job of lightening everything up.  I do wish, however, that I had run my pink stripe blocks horizontally to 'blend in' better with the Zebras.  My thinking had been directional contrast - but looking at it now it would have been better the other way.  But I am NOT taking it apart!


At least it looks like I planned <g> the little sashing squiggles and larger border squiggles, right?  The actual story is that after I got the strips cut and started attaching them it was a surprise to me.... obviously I hadn't realized that I had two different B/W squiggle prints!



I invited Colleen and Harrison to stop by on their way home from pre-school to see the finished effect.  She didn't recognize my car in the driveway (I had planned to go to the store at some point to pick up the croissants and butter for the potluck, though that never happened and I'll just leave a little earlier this morning to take care of it.) Since she didn't want to block 'someone' in she pulled around into the drive-thru and parked behind Tom.  He, however, was getting ready to take his computer in for service, and look what happened to her new van when he backed up:


This did not make anyone's day...



In happier news, here's the other charity top I'm handing in today.  
Alll the bright squares should put a smile on the face of a kid at the shelter!


Morning Quiz: 



There is one block that is put together backwards and thus breaks up the pattern.  Can YOU spot it? 


If not, it's because I knew about it but decided not to rip it out and redo it (obviously this quilt is not going to 'anger the gods' by aiming for perfection!) but instead just figure out a spot where it wouldn't be so glaring. So if you couldn't find it <g> I'm guessing the recipient won't be able to either!

No comments:

Post a Comment