Tuesday, April 19, 2016

OT went well yesterday, and Leonie was set to discharge me.  Before she could do that she had to do all the official measurements.  


I've had full range of motion virtually since the beginning.



The hand strength on the right hand is consistent (yesterday it again measured 50, like before) but the left has now jumped from 22 to 30.


My wrist movements (up, down, left, right) are also excellent.  


But my pinch strength?  Even she was surprised at how low all 3 types were, though of course I didn't need an official measurement to tell her that!  


My latest Rx for therapy is expiring, though there should be no problem getting the surgeon to write another one.  But I'm going to wait until I get back from my upcoming trip to resume therapy (already have 3 appointments scheduled.) 


In the meantime I will continue exercises on my own, and yesterday I bought a 3# weight for that. I'm also going to check with Amy to see if she has anything I can borrow for the next month to work with at home.  All of the 'toys' from therapy are expensive!!!



I've finally picked up a new DVD player and now am just waiting for Alex to find time to install it.  We've been limping along for a couple of years with one that would no longer let us pause or rewind and at last (!) decided we were tired of that.  Here's hoping that the Sony works better/last longer than the off-brand one!



And I called Tech Help at Cox because I haven't been able to stream Netflix for a while.  For some unknown reason it became unable to access the router (which kept working fine for Tom's laptop and my iPad) and instead was trying to access the router extension (for the shop and guest house.)  Which should have been easily fixable except that we could not access any screen that would let us change the signal it was searching for.  After much trying the tech person had to bump me up to the next level of help (another example that computers just don't like me?) and we were finally able to solve the problem.


Until recently I'd never watched Grey's Anatomy, but lately got hooked on some of the afternoon reruns.  Now I can watch the show (currently in its 12th year?) from the beginning  - which should answer some questions.


Yesterday I binged on the first season. 


No comments:

Post a Comment