Thursday, August 6, 2015

We were on the road by 8:00 and not in any particular hurry (although I did want to be home in time for the evening's entertainment, the first GOP debate.). Stopped in Teec Nos Pos (where I bought a couple of books), at Elephant Rocks (where I took pictures for Mom), 



and then in Tuba City (where I picked up a couple more books and also visited the Code Talker Museum.)




We did have a "moment" while driving on the reservation, where it was the usual one-lane-in-each-direction.  While rounding a curve the car driving in front of us all of a sudden swerved onto the right shoulder - because the truck coming at us had a large ladder-like piece of equipment hanging off the top well into our lane; we also had to hastily move over.  Tom thinks it had just come loose on that curve, and sure enough when we looked back the truck had pulled over to secure it properly.  Luckily nothing happened... bit it could have been really, really bad.  Another reminder to pay attention at all times!



The real surprise when we got home, mid-afternoon, was how 'cool' it was.  At 2:00 the radio had said it was only 99 degrees, and half an hour later, when we actually arrived home, our thermometer on the back porch read 101.  Another pleasant surprise was that the yard was not nearly as overgrown as we expected.  Life is good!  I did get much of the backyard mowed this afternoon (irrigation is tomorrow tonight) before the mower quit and I took a swim.

Watched the Republican debate tonight.  Didn't think I could 'dislike' Trump any more than I already did... until I listened to him tonight.  He is SO offensive, and the fact that he has been leading in the polls (though maybe not after tonight?) is a sad commentary on this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment