Sunday, August 23, 2015

Good Girl, Frannie! She did us proud yesterday.  :)

BEST IN MATCH!

Cheshire Woodwynd Imagine went Best in Match today 
at the Heart of the Hills Kennel Club match in Texas. 
Good girl, Frannie!

Frannie's my "niece", and while she's no longer officially a puppy, 
who could resist this adorable shot?



Today I finished up the wedding sampler.  It's been a LONG time coming so it feels like an accomplishment!  Of course I still need to turn it into a pillow, but here's the finished needlework (pretty sure Rachelle does not read my blog!)




This morning I decided to try making one of Colleen's Woven blocks.  I used up the last of my white-on-cream fabric (and now have enough rectangles to make up two dozen blocks) and dug out a set of black&white strips to go with it.  I'm thinking that with red sashing it should make an eye-catching quilt.  Here's the first block.




This afternoon I started embellishing my cactus, using some of the decorative stitches on my machine to create spines as I sew down the pieces.  Not enough progress to show yet (a phone call from a friend interrupted my creativity) but maybe tomorrow?  



My agenda for tomorrow has the last items on my list (that I've been putting off?), all health related: deciding on a PCP doctor and making an appointment for September, ordering a Rx plan to go with my new Medicare insurance, and ordering some Rx refills.  The rest of the time I can sew?





No comments:

Post a Comment