Thursday, August 13, 2015

This morning I worked on typing up yesterday's minutes from Foothills' meeting; luckily I could still read my handwriting.  



I am finally starting to see some progress with regard to getting the pool clean again.  While it's not yet its usually sparkling 'self' at least there is noticeable improvement!  Maybe tomorrow it'll be ready for company?  I'm hoping that Colleen is bringing her grandkids over to swim after she picks them up from school.  They sure had fun last time.



While I was busy working on the pool this morning Linda called; she'd read over the minutes I'd sent and had a couple of questions (which I easily cleared up.)  She also asked if I was was still willing to dog-sit for Elmo so she and Rick can get away for a week in September or October.  I'm looking forward to it!


  
 There were the usual phone calls to make: I now have an eye doctor appointment scheduled for September (will be curious to see how much of that cost my new Medicare insurance covers), a chiropractor appointment for Tuesday, the exterminator will be here on Monday, and I've got an oil change for the car at 9:00 tomorrow morning.  AND I got 4 things crossed off of my to-do list! 



This morning I also worked on the Show & Tell photos I took at yesterday's meeting; while they're now resized, correctly oriented, and (some of them) cropped they still need to be put into e-mails and sent to Linda so she can post them on Shutterfly.  Hopefully that will happen later today.

This afternoon I met Renee, Anne, and Penina to see Ricki and The Flash which we all enjoyed.  (How can you go wrong with Meryl Streep?)  Her daughter, Mamie Gummer, plays her daughter in the movie. 


There were several movie trailers that looked good (and I'd love to add to my list) but of course I can only remember the name of one of them:  Suffragette (also a Meryl Streep movie) which chronicles the fight for Suffrage in England.

No comments:

Post a Comment