Wednesday, August 5, 2015

It's always hard to leave Valley View - and Terry did do her best to keep us there another week - but it was time to leave.

We're just meandering, and made a detour into the "metropolis" of Center (potato country) where Tom went on a search for some fresh taters.  We made several stops but he did finally find some - 50# worth (smallest batch they'll sell) of really nice looking ones... for $12.

Since I was back to having cell service I sent the kids a text, and Alex called a few minutes later.  His current tour, Slipknot, is apparently a major improvement over the one he just finished, with better music, a nicer bus, better food, better crew, etc.

In Del Norte we looked for the quilt shop, which I expected to be tiny.  Instead it not only turned out to have a very large inventory of really nice fabric, but they are actually going to expand into the shop next door.  I always like to support the independent stores, so of course I bought some fabric (and also tickets for their two raffle quilts.)

In South Fork I was glad to see that Rock, Paper, Scissors (a hobby store) was open (it hadn't been when we came through 3 weeks ago) so we made a U-turn at the Whistling Pig.  Though there wasn't anything I needed in RPS, I found the perfect (Tom agreed) gift for Terry, and Tom found some jewelry-wrapping wire he'd been looking for.  We returned to the Whistling Pig, lured by the aroma wafting from their smoker out front.  So even though it was only 4:00 and too early for dinner we each had a smoked brisket sandwich - and even Tom said it was perfectly smoked, moist and lean, with good sauce too.  

While we were in there Colleen called - she found my MIA Thermorest.  We both "remembered" me carrying it out to my car the day we made our cactus quilts, which is weird.   But I'm glad it turned up!

Stopped for the night in Cortez.

No comments:

Post a Comment