Friday, August 7, 2015

I was nice and refreshed after an hour in the pool, helping Creepy clean, so I decided to fire up the riding mower and mow the Back 40.  On my first pass by the oleander hedge, the noise of the mower startled a coyote - which then startled me when it appeared.  We more or less stared at each other for a bit until it trotted off.  Earlier this morning I had seen a coyote out front, but figured it was just passing through after visiting the neighbor's yard.  Sure looked like the same one, though...


In any event, the Back 40 and ditch are now also mowed, so we're (reasonably) ready for irrigation tonight.  The front yards didn't make it into my mowing schedule, but surprisingly aren't that badly overgrown and can wait to me mowed until we dry out from irrigation.


And speaking of coyotes, for those of you who missed this pic going around Facebook:

(Currently sitting on US 52 in Ohio just across from Ashland, KY.) 


"Witnesses state a coyote and a roadrunner were near the scene moments before this huge boulder fell to the road.  One witness actually heard a beep - beep in the distance."


No comments:

Post a Comment