Wednesday, August 19, 2015

I hurried to make up a special quilt block this morning before my 10:00 "appointment" - and after it was all together I realized that there was a reason I had two squares of fabric left over. So will be ripping and resewing it later... sigh!



At 10:00 I picked up Wanda at the Honda dealership, where she gave me the knitting bag Perri made for me at Quilt Camp last week - perfect!


Our first stop was at 35th Ave., where I admired this bumper sticker on a car in parking lot.



I behaved myself and didn't buy any fabric.  (Yes, even I was surprised!) But when Wanda was checking out she raved about a seam-ripper do-hickey at the counter (a blob on the end picks up all the little threads after ripping) so I didn't quite make it out of there empty-handed.  I plan to try it out tomorrow when I rip out numerous seams from this morning's (hurried) block.

After a brief stop at Mulqueens (where we picked up their Row By Row pattern, but again I didn't buy anything!) we headed to Olive Garden for lunch; Wanda had a gift certificate she wanted to use.  And driving in the lane next to us was the Quiltaholic car.



I enjoyed my Soup & Salad ( and happily suffered no ill effects, unlike after my Soup & Salad at Mimi's yesterday) and then it was off to SAS; now I have the three 12" pillow forms I need for Saturday.



When we were almost back at the Honda dealership I got a phone call from the Olive Garden; they had found my Thermorest cushion.  Guess I'll be adding a trip to OG to pick it up to my errand list.


No comments:

Post a Comment