Saturday, May 31, 2014

My cellphone was down to two bars last night so I put in on the charger overnight, and then turned it off so a random sales call wouldn't wake me up.  But this morning the phone wouldn't turn on, so a trip to the Verizon store was penciled in for later in the afternoon.

This morning Lisa helped me with my iPod mini - and now (I think!) I can put music and podcasts on it and will be able to take it with me to the gym (when I eventually get around to going more than just on Mondays with Jim.)

We went to brunch at The Eggery (where The Good Egg used to be.)   The restaurant has been totally remodeled, and seemed bigger; I'm pretty sure they knocked out a wall and added another store that used to be there.  In any event now it's much more open, bright and airy.  Lisa and I loved our breakfasts, though Tom was not as happy with his.

Then it was off to the airport to drop off Lisa after taking a couple of pictures.
 

Once we got back I headed over to Verizon, where it turned out to just be the battery. Somehow (?) it had come loose, and taking it out and putting it back in seemed to fix the problem.  I did have her check the charge (did not want it to die on me again) but she said it showed a fully functioning battery.  And I was certain I was going to need to buy a new phone.

Since that hadn't taken long (despite the crowdedness of the store I was seen within about 15 minutes) I headed over to Acura, not that far away, to see about fixing the plastic panel that had broken off.  The tabs used to attach it had broken off which is why Tom was not able to reattach it himself.  


They didn't have the part in stock so new one needs to be ordered, and will be in Tuesday. As I was getting ready to leave I thought to ask what the panel costs, which turns out to be $75.  The reason they hadn't mentioned it is because the car is still under warranty (until 50,000 miles) so there won't be a charge.  Pretty pricey bit of plastic!

Jeannie and Patricia just invited me out for dinner as I was writing this up, so that's the reason for the paucity of pix in this post.  Hope you're not too disappointed!  And no time to proof-read before I post.  So I apologize for typos, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment