Wednesday, May 14, 2014

I try to sweep every few days, but have been gone so much lately that I have definitely fallen behind.  So this morning I figured it was time.  While performing domestic duties in the laundry room I disturbed a scorpion, which I was able to kill before he could scurry under the shelves.  

As long as I had the broom I decided to do the front porch, and then water.  The 'bird bath' (in truth a sundial) was dry yet again, even though I filled it (again) yesterday.  Wonder who keeps drinking it all?  

While I was admiring my handiwork, 3 hummingbirds fought over the feeder out there - though eventually 2 of them shared the goodies (on opposite sides) until one of them noticed the other and chased her away.  There really IS enough for all of them, and there are four stations... but they are just too territorial to share.

Heard GREAT news from Butch this morning: her biopsy showed that the 'small active tumor' in her left lung is NOT cancer. It is called a granuloma and it is BENIGN.  News like that always makes me jump for joy!

Off to FOOTHILLS this morning, and may <g> post some pictures later.  Today we are having a trunk show of crazy quilts by Geri Hruzek.  Her Birds of a Feather took 1st Place in the Crazy Quilts category at the AQG show, and a Best of Show and 1st Place at the AZ State Fair in the Wall Hanging category.


1st Place Crazy Quilts Birds of a Feather Geri Hruzek Arizona Quilters Guild Best of Show & 1st place State Fair Wall Hangings

No comments:

Post a Comment