Monday, May 12, 2014

I did show up at the gym this morning although I would rather have just hung out at home.  I managed to get through the workout, but it was tough at times; since I missed last Monday (when I was in Texas) it's been 2 weeks.  All the more reason to get over there more often!

On the way home I stopped at Home Depot for some red salvia.  

They came in flats of 8 - and for just $3.  I've transplanted them into several pots out front and now will just wait for them to take off.  I think the hummers have already spotted them!

When I was out there I noticed that my onion plant is about to burst into bloom with a couple of purple flowers.  The front porch is looking quite happy but I keep getting new ideas for planters... like these colorful boots!  Will have to keep my eye out at garage sales for some fun ones.

Mary stopped by this afternoon for help on the pillowcase project.  Talk about the blind leading the blind - I have yet to actually make a pillowcase.  

But I gave her the instructions, and she probably won't have much difficulty.  She admired my new fun fabrics, and loved the disappearing 4-patch block I made from watermelon fabrics.  I also sent her home with one of the salvia plants for her garden.

Not much energy today so I didn't really get much else done.  I do plan to crash in a bit since I have to get up early tomorrow.  Did I mention that I'm subbing in the 5th grade tomorrow?

With only 2 weeks left of school, I'm guessing the kids may <G> be a bit antsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment