Sunday, May 18, 2014

It was a good idea of  mine to drive down to Tucson yesterday and save Lisa the trip up here; she was hard at it when we arrived but still had stacks of exams to grade.  So she was glad to take a break and visit with us for a while.  

Looks like she has a halo around her head. <g>

 

Did you notice that Tom is working on a handlebar moustache?  He's also growing out his hair so he can ponytail it.  Not there yet - but it's long enough now on the sides/back that it's blowing in his face and annoying him.  I can relate!

When did she get taller than me?  Or am I just shrinking?

We got there late morning and had a good visit (and a delicious lunch at 'the' place to eat.) 

Like this bumper sticker we saw on the way back from lunch.

We heard more about her upcoming move to San Francisco, and I came up with the idea to store Lisa's car here (at least for the summer) instead of shipping it (for big bucks) to SF and then leaving it parked on the street indefinitely.  

We were also glad to hear that Antha will be joining Lisa when she heads to Italy for a week before the archeological dig in Portugal this July.  Always more fun (and safer!) to travel with a friend.


I was tired yesterday - almost took a nap in the car on the way home - and crashed quite early, skipping dinner.  So I was surprised to sleep in until a little after 5:00 this morning.  Obviously I needed my rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment